Contessa™ is an elegant synthesis of European design and seating technology.
Contessa is the next generation of mesh seating, a refinement of function, comfort and style.
Movement is critical to healthy sitting, allowing the body to continuously regenerate and promote healthful circulation.
Contessa’s “smart operation” concept – an advanced mechanism that employs levers conveniently located in the armrests – enables users to make adjustments while seated, encouraging accurate positioning and continuous movement.
Contessa (NCSY) Features
- Seat height adjustment of 4.5″
- Seat depth adjustment of 2″
- Lumbar apex height adjustment of 2″
- Lumbar apex depth adjustment of 1/2″
- Back tilt can be locked or left free flow
- Frame and five star base are Aluminum
- Synchro-tilt 2.8:1 ratio
- Height-Adjustable Arms with Pivoting Cap
- Tension control
- Hard or soft casters are available
- BIFMA G1 compatible
- Seat adjusts up and down 5 inches
- Contessa’s “smart operation” adjustment enables the user to adjust the seat height from the exact working posture – ensures they are setting the proper height
- Contessa’s “smart operation” adjustment enables the user to set the tilt control from the seated position and to make adjustments and alter their position continuously – movement while sitting prevents the user’s back from becoming static
Lumbar Height and Depth
- Height can be raised or lowered up to 2½ inches
- Depth adjusts backwards or forwards up to 5/8 of an inch
- Proper lumbar support promotes a dynamic seated posture and reduces lower back strain
- Arm pad adjusts 20 degrees inward and 10 degrees outward
- The armrests keep arms close to the body – limits stress on the arms and shoulders
- Armrests adjust up to 4 inches
- The armrests enable the user’s elbows to fall naturally down the body midline – minimizes discomfort in the arms, shoulders or neck
- Seat adjusts back and forth up to 2 inches
- The seat pan keeps the user’s lower body in motion – allows continuous regeneration and promotes healthful circulation
- Four settings provide minimum to maximum tension
- Correct tension keeps the user’s back in contact with the chair – gives the spine the critical support needed to maintain normal alignment
- Includes height adjustment, forward/backward movement and angle rotation
- Promotes a healthy position of the head and neck – maintains the spine’s natural “C” curve in the cervical vertebrae
- Frame colors – Polished Aluminum, Tess Silver, Ebony
- Body colors – Ebony, Grey
- Seat options – Mesh, Fabric, Leather
- Contessa is 85% recyclable and GREENGUARDTMCertified for Indoor Air Quality
- Modular design allows replacement of parts – extends chair’s life cycle
- Major resin components are discreetly identified – aids in recycling or disposal
Contessa chairs have been designed and tested for users weighing up to 250 lbs.